I shall become a bat...

I shall become a bat...

Monday 5 May 2014

Beginnings...

It started with a website (see link below). A website that had a timeline of all the major storylines in the history of Batman - in chronological order.

This timeline spoke to the obsessive fan in me, and I soon started to buy he storylines that I was missing in what I thought was quite an extensive collection. I was wrong. At current count (not including my new purchases) I only have about a quarter of the comics on this list.

Now that my obsession has started, it has begun to grow. Not content with owning all of the comics which chronicle the fictional career of Batman, I now plan to read them all in the order in which they appear on the website below. And I plan to blog about my thoughts as I follow Batman from that fateful night in Crime Alley right up to the continuity reboot that came with Flashpoint. Maybe I'll continue and cover the New 52 as well.

Anyway, this is just a quick introduction, as I have to go and read the first comic in my collection - 'The Man who Falls' - which is reportedly the inspiration for Batman Begins.

Ultimate Batman Comics Timeline

Edit - after posting, it has only just occurred to me that this is the perfect year to take in such a project, what with this being the 75th anniversary year of Batman's creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment